We value your privacy at the Saab Car Club of Australia (Victoria) (SCCA) and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality. We adhere to the Privacy Act 1988, as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 and have a firm commitment to protecting your privacy.
- Collection of your personal information;
- Use and disclosure of your personal information;
- Quality of your personal information;
- Access to your personal information;
- Security of your personal information; and
- How to contact us.
Our policy in relation to these activities is explained in more detail below
Collection of your personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, for example, when you deal with us in person, over the telephone or via our web site. The nature of personal information collected and maintained by us generally comprises information such as your name and address, your contact details (telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address) and vehicle details.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information is collected for the purposes of establishing and maintaining our data records and to service our relationship with you. We may use your personal information to facilitate these purposes and for related purposes such as:
- Internal administration; and
- To assist us to identify and inform you of activities conducted by us that may be of interest to you.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to prevent the disclosure of your personal information except to the extent:
- Indicated at the time you supply the information to us;
- Expressly permitted under any agreement with you;
- Required for performance by us of our activities for you;
- Required under compulsion of law or provided in cooperation with any government authority; and
- Where it is already publicly available or it is disclosed by us in a manner that does not readily permit identification of information relating to you.
We undertake not to sell, rent or trade your personal information. Your personal information may be shared among the members of the SCCA unless you tell us otherwise.
Quality of your personal information
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information held is accurate and will update our records at the earliest opportunity following notification of any errors or changes.
Access to your personal information
On request, you may access personal information collected and held by us. Further, if you believe that your personal information is not accurate, or incomplete, you may request that we make necessary corrections, additions or deletions. In order to do so, we ask that you put your request in writing. We will endeavour to respond to your request within seven (7) working days.
Security of your personal information
Your personal information will be held in a secure manner, with access limited to those with a legitimate need to know, bona fide officers of the SCCA or those in the SCCA with the delegated authority of the Committee of Management.
How to contact us
Should you wish to discuss any aspect of this privacy statement, or would like more information on our approach to privacy, please do not hesitate to contact us